Thursday, May 13, 2010

Not Really Tuesday: Cookies 'N McCreams

Hello, hello! I know, you guys are all surprised I'm back so soon, right? Don't lie, you know you are. Anyway, onto the recipe. A huge huge thank you to @Britmum2070 on Twitter for the name of this week's baked good. The runner up for a name?

"Abby's All-American Cookies 'N Cream cupcakes-- So Easy A Goth Can Do It!" courtesy of @jetgibbs. You ladies are the best. It was difficult to choose a name, but being that it's @CatherineYetive's birthday and she's a huge McGee fan, I went with the McGee name.

Happy birthday Catherine!

Cookies 'N McCreams
Ingredients:
1 package white cake mix
1 1/4 cups of water
1/4 cups of canola oil
3 egg whites
1 cup (approximately 9 cookies) coarsely crushed Oreo cookies
1 can of vanilla frosting
Additional crushed cookies for topping
Directions:
1.) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2.) Line cupcake tin with paper liners.
3.) In a large bowl, mix together cake mix, water, oil and egg whites until blended.
4.) Fold in crushed oreos.
5.) Fill muffin tins a little over halfway full, bake for approximately 18-22 minutes.
6.) Allow cupcakes to cool, frost with vanilla frosting and sprinkle with cookie crumbs.
Notes: This recipe was super easy to make and according to my mom, they're yummy cupcakes. Still haven't tested it on my boys yet, but that's coming soon :)
These cupcakes, as previously stated, were probably some of the easiest I've ever made. I'll definitely make them again.

3 comments:

  1. I won? Whoo hoo! You made my day! Now, how can I go about a free taste test? OK OK OK, I guess at some point I'll have to actually make these myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a total foodie crush on you and your blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. i want those cupcakes and if you loved me you'd make em for me :P lol jk

    ReplyDelete