Tuesday, October 12, 2010

New Recipe Tuesday: Sweet Potato Cupcakes

Are you SERIOUS?!!? I'm really back? With a new recipe? NO WAY!

Yes. Apparently, my vacation is boring enough that I'm playing with dolls and getting back into baking. I'd like to be able to say that I was off doing something cool in my time away from this blog, but the sad thing is I just haven't had the extra $$ to spend on baking supplies so it's going to be a once in awhile thing now, I think.

Maybe.

Anyway, on to the recipe!

Sweet Potato Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
Ingredients:
1/2 cup of shortening
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup of canned sweet potato pie filling
1/4 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp cinnamon
3 cups flour
4 tsps baking power
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup of milk
1 tsp vanilla extract

Directions:
1.) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tin with papers.
2.) In a large bowl, cream the shortening.
3.) Slowly add sugar, eggs and sweet potatoes.
4.) Sift flour, spices, power and soda.
5.) Add dry ingredients to sweet potato mixture slowly, alternating with milk.
6.) Mix until well blended.
7.) Scoop into muffin tins and bake for 20 minutes.







Frosting a cream cheese frosting I made with butter, cream cheese, sugar and vanilla! Also, the cupcakes turn out more like muffins if you only use the recommended amount of milk. I added a little bit more until it was the consistency I desire and the second batch turned out really yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment