Thursday, May 6, 2010

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes

Holy HELL! I'm back, people :) Kind of, anyway. During my hiatus from the baking world, I realized just how much I freakin' missed it so I'm going to try to get back into the swing of things. What better way than starting off with a new recipe?

And look at that, it's not even Tuesday :)

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes
Ingredients
Cupcakes:
1 package chocolate cake mix
1 1/4 cups of water
1/2 cup of peanut butter
1/3 cups of canola oil
3 eggs
24 mini peanut butter cups
Frosting:
6 ounces of semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
2/3 cups of heavy wipping cream
1/3 cup of peanut butter
Additional mini peanut butter cups, chopped
Directions:
1.) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line muffin tins with papers.
2.) In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, peanut butter, oil and eggs.
3.) Beat on a low speed for 30 seconds, then beat on medium for 2 minutes or until smooth.
4.) Fill the paper-lined cups half full.
5.) Place a peanut butter cup in the center of each cupcake.
6.) Cover each with 1 tablespoon of batter.
7.) Bake for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
Frosting
1.) Place chocolate in a small bowl.
2.) In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil.
3.) Pour cream over chocolate and whisk until smooth.
4.) Stir in the peanut butter.
5.) Cool, stirring occasionally, to room temperature or until ganache reaches a spreading consistency.
6.) Spread over cupcakes and immediately sprinkle with additional peanut butter cups.
Notes: This makes a very yummy cupcake (so I'm told), however, it does make a bit of a mess when being eaten. Apparently, thanks to the peanut butter cup in the center, it makes the cupcake heavy so it falls apart! But a good recipe nonetheless.
Also, for anyone who misses my amazingly funny (har har) blog posts, you can find me over at See Britt Run. That's what I now consider my "main blog" and I post there pretty frequently! Hope to see you guys there :)

2 comments:

  1. I really should start baking again. Your cupcakes look delicious!

    ReplyDelete