Thursday, February 18, 2010

Not Really Tuesday: Ziva's 'Pocahontas' Cookies

Yes, I'm well aware that I missed New Recipe Tuesday again. I can't even blame it on the weather this time (although, reports are saying we're supposed to get hammered with snow again next week. I'm not surprised--I'll be on midnight shift and it seems we always get slammed when I'm stuck at work!) but I am going to blame it on the fact that I worked an extra day both this shift and last shift.

Needless to say, I've been tired. Too tired to bake, actually, but that's okay because it wasn't like there was a new episode this week and "Good Cop, Bad Cop" isn't exactly my favorite episode ever.

Am I rambling? I'm rambling.

Ziva's 'Pocahontas' Cookies
Ingredients:
1/2 cup of oil
3/4 cups of brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
3/4 cups of flour
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 1/2 cups of rolled oats
3/4 cups of sunflower seeds
Directions:
1.) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper.
2.) Cream together the oil, brown sugar, egg and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
3.) Add in the flour, soda and salt (unless the seeds are already salted, then you can omit this ingredient).
4.) Mix until well blended.
5.) Fold in oats and sunflower seeds.
6.) Bake for 10-15 minutes.
Notes: This recipe was found here. Though the recipe calls for 1 1/2 cups of rolled oats, I found that it was a little excessive. I probably could have used 1 cup and been just fine. Also, the recipe says that this makes 10 cookies, but I managed to get 14 out of my batch.
 
  
  
  
  
  
These are probably the tastiest cookies I've made in awhile. They have a very strong brown sugar flavor, but overall, they taste amazing. I bet they'd go great with a nice, hot cup of coffee :)

No comments:

Post a Comment